Thursday, May 3, 2018

Christmas Journal

Sometime ago I made some large Christmas tags using chipboard from Imagine If NZ. I could not decide what to do with the tags so I decided to make journals using the tags on the covers. Here is the first one.

I used book board to make the covers and covered it with calico which I then painted. I covered the spine with some old lace and glued the tag and a bit more lace to the front cover.





The pages are a combination of different weights and types of paper which have been coffee dyed.  To get the gorgeous green and red papers I dyed them with food colouring.



 I also used some coffee dyed scrapbook paper in the journal.
On some of the scrapbook pages I sewed lace to create pockets.



 The inside covers have been covered with Christmas serviettes that have been glued ovver old dictionary paper,


 I made tabs using the remnants of the serviette papaer, lace and buttons.



 The journal has nine signatures each comprising 7 pages.  I sewed the signatures in using pamphlet stitch and sewed buttons into the spine as I was sewing the signatures.




No comments:

Post a Comment